Benefits of Stretching
Stretching is important for people of all ages and is part of everyone’s life. We do it naturally when we wake up, when we spend long hours in the computer or driving, or after a workout; but including a session of stretching to the daily routine, whether you exercise or not, can be extremely beneficial to your muscles.
Everybody can learn how to stretch right, regardless of age or flexibility, and that will help lengthen the muscles and will make daily activities a lot easier too. There are several benefits to stretching.
- Improve flexibility and athletic performance,
- Helps decrease the risk of activity-base injury.
- Reduced muscle tension
- Increased range of movement in the joints
- Enhanced muscular coordination
- Increased circulation of the blood to various parts of the body
- Increased energy levels (resulting from increased circulation)
- Decrease muscle soreness after workout
- Lubrication of the joints
- Improves balance and coordination
Keep your stretching gentle. Don’t bounce. If you feel pain, you’ve stretched too far.
Begin you stretch in the morning, when you wake up, give yourself a nice stretching yawning and pump some positive energy to start your day!!