Myofascial Massage Therapy
Myofascial pain syndrome (MPS) is thought to be a form of muscle pain. It may result from a single trauma to a muscle or from repetitive minor trauma. Over time, this pain may spread to involve other muscles and tissues. This is typically described as “referred pain” because when pressure is applied to the painful trigger point, pain radiates to other parts of the body. Usually, but not always, this pain is felt nearby to the trigger point.
- Deep, aching pain in a muscle
- Joint stiffness near the affected muscle
- Areas of tension in a muscle that are sensitive and feel like a knot
- Muscle stiffness or weakness with a tendency to drop objects without signs of muscle atrophy
- Difficulty sleeping due to pain
Secondary Symptoms to (MPS):
- Earaches or tinnitus
- Facial or dental pain
- Shortness of breath
- Vision problems
Massage therapists at Gen Spa have various techniques that Generosa (LMT) developed that can eliminate trigger points and, thus, benefit those with MPS. Getting a regular massage therapy at Gen Spa helps you build flexibility and maintain your health. By targeting not only the contracted muscle or fascia that triggers pain in other areas of your body.
- Increases blood flow.
- Improves muscular range of motion.
- Reduce muscle soreness.
- Maintains normal functional muscular length.
- Encourages movement of your lymph
At Gen Spa where your Health is your Wealth!!!
By Appointments only. We have limited appointments available.
Please Call or Text in advance (561)674-5215 to make an Appointment!
The content of all article is informational only, cannot be substitute for medical advice. For proper diagnosis, you should seek a medical Doctor or Specialist.